Those who have some experience with digital payment systems (like PayPal) have a bit of an advantage here. But luckily, even those who have never paid with anything remotely close to bitcoin can easily learn how to transfer bitcoin, or shop with it on- and offline.
Bitcoin transfer between two people
- You can transfer bitcoin with the help of your mobile wallet. Every wallet has a SEND and RECEIVE function. In this case, choose the SEND option.
- Instead of manually submitting your Bitcoin address (thus running the risk of typing a mistaken string and irreversibly transferring your bitcoin to the wrong person), we advise the faster and more accurate QR code payment/transfer method. The recipient’s wallet will generate a QR code that contains the address and often the exact bitcoin amount to be transferred. You can scan the QR code with your wallet’s camera.
- After your phone scans the QR code you will have a chance to review the requested amount. If it’s correct, tap (SEND) and you’re all set.
Let’s take a look at how you can pay with bitcoin at a restaurant, store or similar location (eg. Anker Klub)!
- When you’re settling your check, let your waiter know that you’d like to pay with bitcoin.
- The waiter will enter the forint amount of your purchase into a tablet or mobile app.
- In certain cases (depending on the place!) you can choose how much you would like to leave as a tip on the tablet.
- The tablet will then generate a QR code that contains the exact bitcoin amount and the restaurant’s bitcoin address.
- You can pay with your mobile wallet. Find and select the SEND or SCAN QR button in your wallet, or tap the camera icon. If you’ve successfully opened the scanner (camera) in your wallet, then you can skip ahead to the next step.
- Scan the restaurant’s QR code with your mobile wallet.
- Approve the transaction.
- In a few moments, the restaurant’s tablet will indicate that they’ve received the amount — and you’re done! (These days the blocks on the blockchain are often overloaded, so transactions go through more slowly. You can speed up the transaction process by increasing the transaction fee. Read more about that here!)
Check out how it’s done in Anker Klub here.